Roasted Garlic & Smoked Kelp Butter Recipe
Elevate your butter with this epic recipe. This Roasted Garlic & Smoked Kelp Butter is the perfect spread for your bread or protein.
TAG US in your social posts – we'd love to see what you create!
1 whole garlic bulb
1 teaspoon olive oil
250g unsalted butter, at room temperature
½ teaspoon kosher salt or sea salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
2 teaspoon smoked kelp seasoning
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 40-50 minutes
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Slice the top off the garlic and place it on a peice of aluminium foil. Pour the olive oil over the garlic and wrap tightly with foil. Place it on a baking sheet and roast it in the oven for 40 minutes.
3. Check garlic is done, cloves should be soft and caramelized lightly, remove and let cool. If not done put back in oven for 5-10 minutes.
4. Gently squeeze the garlic from the root end, pushing out all the cloves until you are left with the outer skin. Discard the skin and transfer the roasted garlic into a medium bowl. Using the back of a fork, mash garlic until it is fully pureed.
5. Combine the ingredients: Into the same bowl, add the softened butter, salt, black pepper, and smoked kelp. Mix until everything is combined. Alternatively, you can do this in a food processor or hand processor.
6. You can use your butter right away or shape it into a cylinder (make it a compound butter) for better presentation and portion control. To do so, place the garlic butter on a piece of plastic wrap (or parchment paper), shape it into a cylinder, and wrap it tightly. Place it in the fridge for at least 3 hours before using. When ready to serve, unwrap and cut it into slices and use.